Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Onion Burgers and Kite Surfing in OKC


Kite Surfing OKC
Originally uploaded by FreeWine.
This weekend our family visited Oklahoma City for a few good meals and some driving around. For lunch, we hit Kansas City Blues, Barbeque & Burgers.

The Quest for the Perfect Onion Burger - episode one.

The name alone was nearly enough to make us stop and the large sign offering 'Super Onion Burgers' definately closed the deal. I'd kill for one of those SOB's, I told my wife murderously.

In addition to Super Onion Burgers, catfish, dry rub BBQ and a great jukebox, KCBB&B offers live accoustic blues music over the lunch hour! Dress casual and expect to get lunch for less than $7. The top notch food and entertainment at Kansas City Blues Barbecue & Burgers means I'll be back. After a meal that could not be beat, we headed out to windy ol' Lake Hefner, but those SOB's haven't seen the last of me! .

Kansas City Blues Barbecue & Burgers
36B W Memorial Rd-Suite B4
Oklahoma City, OK 73114.
(405) 751-6557

Lake Hefner Wind Riders

Lake Hefner is well known among those daring types that harness the wind. There were several folks both wind surfing and kite boarding on the lake. The next time we visit, I plan to take a tripod so my zoom lens will work a little faster. Kite surfing is extremely fun to watch, but tough for a novice like me to photograph.

No comments: